- RSS Channel Showcase 2580146
- RSS Channel Showcase 2295790
- RSS Channel Showcase 8886906
- RSS Channel Showcase 5191752
Articles on this Page
- 03/27/13--06:44: _Wedding Wednesday -...
- 03/27/13--07:04: _Orange Marmalade Br...
- 03/27/13--09:31: _Answers to Your Ski...
- 03/27/13--11:52: _Go wireless and sta...
- 03/27/13--12:28: _HAPPY EASTER FROM S...
- 03/27/13--13:09: _Spring is Coming an...
- 03/27/13--13:14: _Albany discusses th...
- 03/27/13--14:35: _Best Friends For Fr...
- 03/28/13--11:04: _Have questions abou...
- 03/28/13--11:30: _UK Fashion Finds & ...
- 03/28/13--11:53: _The Perfect LCNY Dr...
- 03/28/13--13:11: _Enter to Win! Tell ...
- 03/29/13--08:45: _A Crazy Few Months ...
- 03/29/13--08:49: _Sandra’s “Pick Me!”...
- 03/29/13--10:20: _April is Diamond Mo...
- 03/29/13--12:17: _What Are You Most L...
- 03/29/13--12:37: _Mom's Raisin Sauce
- 03/29/13--17:11: _Get Ready For the Q...
- 04/01/13--05:53: _Introducing My New ...
- 04/01/13--09:12: _See the World in a ...
- 03/27/13--06:44: Wedding Wednesday - Can You Guess What's In The Box?!
- 03/27/13--07:04: Orange Marmalade Bread and Butter pudding
- 03/27/13--09:31: Answers to Your Skin-Care Questions
- First, cleanse your skin with my Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel.
- Use FIRMx Peeling Gel on clean, dry skin 1–3 times per week.
- Apply FIRMx GFX Neuropeptide Serum twice a day.
- Finish off with FIRMx Firming Night Moisturizer at night.
- If you're using my Un-Wrinkle Turbo, apply it before FIRMx GFX Neuropeptide Serum (thinnest to thickest).
- For the first step in your regimen, wash your skin with Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel.
- Alternate using FIRMx Peeling Gel with Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads. FIRMx Peeling Gel is gentle and you can use frequently. It's an enzymatic and physical peel. You may want to use Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads, which are chemical peels, every other day or a few days a week, especially if you have more sensitive skin. You can also use FIRMx in the morning and Un-Wrinkle in the evening if you have sensitivity issues.
- Next, apply FIRMx Serum on your face and my 2012 Customer Choice Award-winning Laser-Free Eye Serum twice a day.
- Finish your morning regimen with Laser-Free Regenerator Moisturizing Gel and apply any color cosmetics.
- At night, wash your face with Anti-Aging Cleanser Gel, peel using FIRMx or Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads, apply Retinol Fusion Night, and FIRMx Night Moisturizer.
- 03/27/13--12:28: HAPPY EASTER FROM STEPHEN WALSH!
- 03/27/13--13:09: Spring is Coming and So is Wedding Season!
- 03/27/13--13:14: Albany discusses the device of our era: the iPad!
- 03/27/13--14:35: Best Friends For Frosting Interviews David Venable!
- 03/28/13--11:30: UK Fashion Finds & Photos!
- 03/28/13--11:53: The Perfect LCNY Dress!
- 03/28/13--13:11: Enter to Win! Tell Us What You Love about Affinity Diamond Jewelry
- 03/29/13--08:45: A Crazy Few Months (and a Behind the Scenes Sneak Peek!)
- 03/29/13--08:49: Sandra’s “Pick Me!” for a Younger Looking Neck
- 03/29/13--10:20: April is Diamond Month Sweepstakes Official Rules
- 03/29/13--12:17: What Are You Most Looking Forward to this Easter Weekend?
- 03/29/13--12:37: Mom's Raisin Sauce
- 04/01/13--05:53: Introducing My New Show, The Wishful Dish with Sharon
- 04/01/13--09:12: See the World in a Whole New Way with the Canon Rebel T4i DSLR
Any guesses what's inside?
To get you into the spirit of our British programming, I asked our beauty Merchandising director, Claudia, who is British, to share one of her favorite recipes with us. So - here is her recipe for Orange Marmalade Bread and Butter pudding! It sounds yummy!! Thanks, Claudia!!
Orange Marmalade Bread and Butter pudding
2 rounded tablespoons dark chunky orange marmalade
6 slices white bread, from a good-quality large loaf, ½ inch (1 cm) thick with crusts left on
2 oz (50 g) softened butter
2½ fl oz (60 ml) heavy cream
3 large eggs
3 oz (75g) sugar
Grated zest 1 large orange
1 level tablespoon brown sugar
Pre-heat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
First, generously butter the slices of bread on one side. Spread the marmalade on 3 of these slices, and put the other 3 slices on top (buttered side down) so you've got 3 rounds of sandwiches.
Now, spread some butter over the top slice of each sandwich and cut each one into quarters to make little triangles or squares.
Next- arrange the sandwiches, butter side up, overlapping each other in the baking dish (7” x 9” x 2” deep) standing almost upright.
After that, whisk the milk, heavy cream, eggs and sugar together and pour this all over the bread. Scatter the surface of the bread with the grated orange zest and brown sugar, then place the pudding on a high shelf and bake it for 35-40 minutes until it's puffy and golden and the top crust is crunchy.
Serve the pudding straight from the oven while it's still puffy, with chilled pouring cream and enjoy!!
I wish all my friends a very happy Easter from Ireland! The Easter Bunny arrived in my office and brought some beautiful hand-painted eggs with shamrock designs!
It was great to celebrate St. Patrick's Day on QVC, and I hope you all enjoyed the new items that we brought to the show. What did you think of the day? I would love to hear your comments and ideas!
Have a lovely Easter weekend!
Stephen and all the team at Connemara Marble
Shop all Connemara Marble.
Was that a ray of sunshine I saw through my window this morning? Could it be that we are actually going to get out of the black hole of a winter that it's been?
I had my first wedding of the season last weekend and in between the hail storms we shuffled the beautiful arrangements in to the reception. The bride chose a very fresh look with white and green. These were her table centerpieces.
Of course green is often seen in most arrangements due to stem colors and leaves, but she chose to beef it up with some green Hydrangea. One of the guests asked me if she was Irish and therefore going in that direction because her wedding was the day before St. Patrick's Day. Because I am so up on fashion I quickly said that green is the number one pantone color choice of the year! I think this Bride is right on trend for what is hot in decor and fashion.
With that being said, what did you add to your wardrobe that has the presence of green? I recently received a new Bob Mackie maxi dress. This one...I am very excited about it!
It also comes in purple/blue and purple/red. In response to a topic that has gotten a lot of buzz with our Mackinistas, I want to answer your question: Should I go smaller size for a Bob Mackie maxi dress? The answer is yes. I actually sent mine back for an XS. I usually wear a S, but this is a dress that has glorious stretch and can be worn closer to the body. By the way...isn't it dynamite? My hubby thinks it's so sexy. I am going to wear it to an upcoming wedding with some nice high heels. If you are feeling uneasy about the form fit, here's my advice...just strap on some of those fabulous Spanx and let your figure do the rest. The way that Bob has styled this design is meant for your figure to say, ‘WOW!’
I wish you all a wonderful day. Be sure to let the green shine into your wardrobe with something special from the Bob Mackie Wearable Art line. There are a lot of other green Bob Mackie optionsto check out at QVC!
Tune in for our upcoming Bob Mackie shows:
Friday, March 29th from 9 – 10 PM ET
Saturday, March 30th from 4 – 6 AM and 2 – 3 PM ET
If you’ve ever watched QVC, then you certainly know the ever-popular David Venable, the face of In the Kitchen with David. He’s been in the food industry for years, and he hasn’t slowed down yet. QVC’s Resident Foodie shares everything from gourmet foods to gadgets to cookbooks with his viewers every Wednesday and Sunday, but today, he’s sharing all sorts of information with us. Find out how David found his way into the kitchen, why he’s such a big fan of Mac and Cheese, and, of course, his favorite dessert.
According to your biography, you earned a bachelor’s degree in radio, television, and motion pictures. When did your love affair with food begin, and how did you turn that into such a successful career?
My love affair with food began when I was a little boy. Both of my grandmothers were excellent cooks, and my mother had me helping in the kitchen from the time I was old enough to reach the counter. Mom worked full time and raised my brother, sister, and I, and my “job” growing up was to get dinner on the table. It wasn’t long until that obligation became a passion. So, when I came to QVC and became the host ofIn the Kitchen with David, it was like a dream come true. I could cook, eat, and share my passion for food with the world. I truly love my job.
As a “foodie,” you are exposed to so many different types of foods and recipes. Sometimes, though, you just need to get out and have dinner on the town. Where, in your opinion, is the best place for a great meal out? What’s your favorite thing to order?
If I go out for a nice meal, I go to a white linen tablecloth steakhouse and order a dry-aged New York strip steak (prepared medium-well). If the restaurant has roasted broccoli and potatoes au gratin, I’m in heaven. For an appetizer, I usually order a wedge salad with blue cheese and bacon. And, I’ll enjoy it all with a beautiful red wine.
Your first cookbook, debuting 150 comfort food recipes, came out in October, 2012. What is your all-time favorite comfort food and why?
Mac and cheese. It’s the quintessential all American comfort food. My favorite recipe is now in my cookbook, In the Kitchen with David: Comfort Foods That Take You Home, and it was inspired by my mother’s recipe. My version contains a blend of five delicious cheeses and my all-time favorite ingredient: hickory-smoked bacon (a.k.a. The Divine Swine!).
QVC recently collaborated with Best Friends For Frosting, and our Founder, Melissa Johnson, had the opportunity to hang out with you on Google Plus. We were thrilled! What is it like meet and collaborate with such a variety of people in your field on a daily basis?
I count myself truly lucky to rub elbows with some of the most celebrated chefs and personalities in the cooking world. Every person I meet inspires me to up my game and to further share my passion for great food with like-minded people.
We know you focus on all dishes from appetizers to soups to beverages. But, because we’re all about dessert, we have to ask about the best thing you’ve ever made. Whether it was a success in your home kitchen, or one that you have shared publicly, what is your go-to sweet treat?
Peach cobbler. I remember having this at both my grandmothers’ tables. I’ll never forget…one year, we were driving home from Georgia after having a family vacation, and before we crossed the border, mom insisted that we stop at a farmers’ market. We came out with two big bags full of fresh, ripe, Georgia peaches, and when we came home that afternoon, mom made a peach cobbler. Then, we made homemade peach ice cream with one of those old-fashioned crank machines. There’s NOTHING better than homemade peach ice cream. It was the greatest day ever.
You are such an influential voice, not only in the world of food, but also when it comes to television. What’s it like for a day in the life with David Venable?
It’s exciting because my schedule is always changing. If it’s a Sunday or Wednesday, it’s almost a guarantee that I’ll be hosting In the Kitchen with David at Noon or 8pm ET, but we just wrapped up a bustling media tour for the cookbook, and I was all over the country doing everything from signing books to appearing on ABC’s The Chew. On my “off” days, I’m at the office preparing for our live show, attending meetings, doing promo tapings and photo shoots, and my favorite “job,” demonstrating recipes!
Have questions about the popular Canon EOS Rebel T4i DSLR? Ask our experts from Canon!
Starting at Midnight EST on Tuesday, April 2nd, our epxert from the Canon Team will be here throughout the day answering all of your questions about the ever popular Canon EOS Rebel T4i DSLR! Below are a few frequently asked questions to get you started!
Q: Does it include an owner's manual?
Q: Does it have a flash?
Q: Does this have face detection?
Q: Does this have image stabilization/shake reduction?
A: 18-55mm IS lens has image stabilization; 75-300mm lens does not.
Q: Is there a memory card included?
A: Yes, an 8GB SD card is included in the bundle.
Q: What kind of battery does it have?
A: Rechargeable lithium-ion LP-E8.
Q: Is there a timer on the camera?
Q: How quickly can you take pictures?
A: Five frames per second.
Q: How many pictures will this take on Continuous Shooting Mode?
A: Five frames per second.
Q: Does it record video clips?
A: Yes. Enhanced EOS Full HD Movie mode with Movie Servo AF for continuous focus tracking of moving subjects, manual exposure control and multiple frame rates (1080: 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 720: 60p (59.94) / 50p, 480: 30p (29.97) / 25p), built-in stereo microphone, manual audio level adjustment, and Video Snapshot with editing for expanded video shooting options.
To see the entire set of FAQ's available, click here!
What other questions can our experts answer for you?
What a whirlwind this past week was! Last Saturday I traveled to the UK to launch my TSV across the pond. I arrived very late Saturday evening and was thrilled to be able to sleep in all day Sunday. I stayed a little further away from London and the QVC studios in the country where I could just relax and have some peace and quiet before the TSV kick-off at midnight Sunday/Monday. But of course that doesn't mean I didn't have time to head out to the shops and scope out the hottest trends!!! Here are some pieces that I found inspiring:
Gorgeous colorful prints galore!
Lots of color and lace!
Polka dots and leather!
I flew back to the states Tuesday evening and arrived home around 2am Wednesday morning and enjoyed a relaxing, calm day to prepare myself for the kickoff of my US TSV that night. Needless to say by the end of the day Thursday, I was ready to curl up in bed after a nice hot cup of tea and sleep! I love to travel and share my designs with everyone in the UK, but of course there's no place like home!
Where is your favorite place to travel? Do you prefer to relax and stay close to home? I love hearing from you!
Please join me this Sunday, March 31st at 4pm and 10pm ET and be the first to see my brand NEW set!!! I can't wait!
Hello my LCNY fashionistas. What a week it has been. I finally got a chance to sit down and update my calendar. Things are a wee bit busy over the next several months. College visiting with my darling 17-year-old this week and next. His mother is a bit emotional, but that is to be expected. April 13th is the first gala event for the Pennsylvania lung cancer partnership for which I am a board member. I'm super excited and I need a dress. April 20th is my daughter's bridal shower. Hard to believe my first is getting married and I need a dress. May 18th: my oldest son Larry is graduating from college. Wow, where did the time go... and I need a dress. My dearest friend's daughter is getting married on June 8th... and I need a dress. June 21st my darling Sarah is getting married. My heart is so full, and yes, you guessed the theme; I need a dress. Sooooo this week's blog is about the dress. Sometimes you need formal, sometimes you need casual, sometimes you need comfortable, but most importantly you need the dress. Lucky for me, there are LCNY dresses perfect for any occasion! Click here to see them all! Which one do you think would be perfect for our Spring and Summer occasions? See you soon!
Tell us what you love about Affinity Diamond Jewelry and (2) lucky winners will receive Affinity Diamond 1/2 ct tw Halo Design Studs, 14K Gold and an Affinity Diamond 1/4 cttw Framed Emerald Shaped Ring, 14K Gold!
Share your story by simply replying to this blog.
No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years or older to enter. Void where prohibited.
I’m so excited to start my NEW QVC blog today! I have so much to share with you all and look forward to connecting here. I will post lots of behind the scenes photos & give you the inside scoop on Shark Tank and my QVC shows. I will also talk to you about new products I’m working on and give you a look into the daily happenings in my life. I look forward to hearing from you as well!
Tonight (3/29) is the finale of a very busy few months; I have my 1hr Clever & Unique Creations show on QVC at 8PM EST & right after one of my all NEW episodes on Shark Tank on ABC at 9PM EST. My 1 hour show on QVC tonight will actually have one of the Shark Tank products I do a deal with in it Shhhhh! ;) that will be on Friday night’s episode of Shark Tank! You are getting a 1st sneak peek & will be the 1st to buy it before I even do the deal.
These last few months have been crazy busy & of course fun too! Filled with media tours, QVC shows & Dr’s appointments (for my foot-which is much better & doing great). I wanted to give you a glimpse into what I’ve been up to lately.
I had a blast with some of my NEW Shark Tank entrepreneurs. Both products are now on QVC too! The Scrub Daddy & Drop Stop, both AMAZING products ;)
CBS This Morning
I loved meeting Gayle King, she is such a sweet, smart woman!
I had a great time with Anderson Cooper & Guest Co-Host Molly Sims. We got to see some very interesting Mompreneurs bring their inventions to the table & pick which one we liked best. They were all very creative!
I always have a great time with these ladies, they are a lot of fun! We talked spring cleaning & Shark Tank & of course QVC.
First time my back-up guest, Heidi & I went on air together. Heidi had a blast hosting a Facebook chat with all of you during my 1hr show. Stay tuned for the next one!
I’m sure you’ve all seen me with my big boot on for the last few months, this is how I would get around QVC ha-ha ;)
So happy to finally get my cast off! It’s been a long road and I’ve so appreciated all the love & support from you guys.
If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to join me on my Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest pages too!
Years ago, while talking to some guests in the QVC greenroom, one woman remarked that she wished she had taken better care of her neck. She said she had spent a lot of time and effort on her face, but after years of neglect, her neck and décolleté looked at least a decade older than her face. I was about 35 at the time and silently vowed to start using a neck cream.
Fast forward to now, I’m 42 and just a couple of weeks ago, I noticed my neck was starting to show some signs of age. Since that greenroom conversation, I’ve gone through periods where I have used a neck cream but I have never stuck to a routine. I’m not at the point yet where I am seeing advanced signs of aging, but I think it is time to get more consistent with neck products. First, I had to pick a product. We have several great options at QVC, all from brands I already use and trust. However, the before and after images from the Strivectin-TL Neck Cream have convinced me to give it a try.
As you can see from the images above, the Strivectin- TL Neck Cream helps to give the appearance of a firmer, smoother, younger looking neck. It improves the signs of photo aging and even crepiness on the neck and décolleté. Pretty impressive!
I just started using it last week. So far, I love the thicker consistency of the product. It feels very hydrating, yet not greasy or sticky. I also like that it absorbs rather quickly. I think I am already starting to see signs of improvement! My neck definitely looks more hydrated, so it’s a start!
This blog is part of my weekly “Pick Me!” series where I discuss products I am currently using and loving. What are some of your favorite products? Feel free to leave comments here or join the discussion with me on my Facebook page. Have a great week!
APRIL IS DIAMOND MONTH SWEEPSTAKES
QVC, Inc. (“Sponsor”) is sponsoring the April is Diamond Month Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes").
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor whose decisions shall be final and binding.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia, excluding Rhode Island, who are 18 years or older as of date of entry. Employees and agents of Sponsor and their parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings and spouses) and their same household members are not eligible. Void outside of theUnited States andDistrict of Columbia, and where prohibited by law. Void inRhode Island andPuerto Rico. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes, online via www.qvc.com (“Website”) or by mail.
To enter the Sweepstakes by mail, send your name, address and daytime telephone number on a standard 4 inch by 6 inch postcard addressed to the April is Diamond Month Sweepstakes Studio Park Mail Code 202, West Chester, PA 19380 (“Mail Entry”).
To enter the Sweepstakes online, sign into your QVC account at www.qvc.com and access the QVC Community Blog page. If you do not have an existing QVC account, you must create one to enter the Sweepstakes online. No purchase is necessary to create a QVC account. Creating a QVC account requires providing your email address, a pin number, your title (i.e. Mr., Mrs.), your first name, last name, address and telephone number. Then go to the Sweepstakes Blog post (“Blog”) on the QVC Community Blog page, click the “New Reply” button and submit your response to, “Tell us your Affinity story.”(“Submission”). A Submission includes any story, text or any other information or data in any form that an entrant submits in any manner, directly or indirectly, to Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes. Your Submission constitutes your entry into this Sweepstakes (“Online Entry”).
Once submitted, Submissions become the sole property of Sponsor, cannot be modified by entrant, and will not be returned. Receipt of Submission may be acknowledged, but such acknowledgment does not constitute any representation by Sponsor as to Sweepstakes eligibility. By submitting a Submission, entrant gives permission (and warrants and represents that he/she has obtained all rights necessary to give such permission, including from the creator, if other than entrant) to Sponsor and hereby grants Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, sublicensable, non-exclusive license to post entrant's Submission, name, likeness and all other information about the entrant contained in the Submission on the World Wide Web, and to otherwise use entrant's response, name, likeness and all other information about the entrant in the Submission without compensation in accordance with the requirements of this Sweepstakes and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Sweepstakes, and otherwise, as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsor). Such Grant of Rights will be confirmed by potential winner upon Sponsor’s request and potential winner agrees to sign any and all necessary confirming documents without compensation of any kind (other than the prize).
Entrant further warrants and represents that he/she has fully complied with these Official Rules and that his/her Submission: (1) does not violate any law or regulation; (2) does not violate or infringe any right of any third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, such as but not limited to rights of copyright, trademark or patent, or rights of publicity or privacy (without in any way limiting the preceding, entrant represents and warrants that he/she has obtained permission from the recipe creator if not him/herself (upon Sponsor’s request, winner must submit proof of obtaining all necessary consents); (3) is not defamatory, slanderous, libelous, scandalous or obscene; (4) is entirely entrant's own original work and entrant owns or controls all right, title and interest in the Submission, including but not limited to its copyright; (5) has not been submitted in any other competition or Promotion; (6) does not contain any virus, bugs, or other deleterious material; (7) does not contain the trademark, tradename or logo of any third party (but may contain a trademark, tradename or logo of the Sponsor); (8) does not name, depict or describe any person (living, dead, or fictional) unless entrant has first obtained the consent of any named/depicted/described person as per (2) above; (9) without limiting the foregoing, does not contain any material that is protected by copyright other than the copyright owned exclusively by the entrant, including but not limited to product labels that are subject to others’ copyright. Submissions may not (and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submissions that do): 1) include nudity or what Sponsor, in its sole discretion, considers to be obscenity, pornography, racially offensive, sexually explicit, and/or offensive language/content, hate speech or drug usage; 2) disparage Sponsor or any other party, including brands or trademarks other than those of Sponsor (this includes but is not limited to the brands/trademarks of Sponsor’s competitors); 3) depict acts of violence or aggression; 4) advocate illegal conduct of any kind. If a Submission is unable to be viewed by Sponsor for any reason whatsoever, that Submission shall be disqualified (and Released Parties, as defined below, will not be responsible or liable for any such inability).By entering a Submission, entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties (as defined below) from any action or liability resulting from the publishing of his/her Submission and/or use of the Submission.
By submitting an Online Entry or Mail Entry, you are signifying that you have read, understand and agree to these Official Rules.
Limit of one (1) entry per person during the entry period either by Mail or Online. Any person who attempts to participate with entries in excess of these entry limitations will be disqualified. Any other attempted form of Sweepstakes entry is void. Any person who attempts to participate under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter in excess of this entry limitation will be disqualified; use of programmed, automated or like means of entry is prohibited. All duplicate entries will be discarded. Use of multiple email addresses or QVC accounts by the same individual to enter is prohibited and such multiple entries shall be voided. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the QVC account of the entry, which the entrant will have the obligation to establish. Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, or undelivered entries, including without limitation inability to access Website or entries not timely received due to hardware or software errors, other technological malfunctions or failures and disruptions of any kind, Internet service provider problems or lost, late, mutilated postage-due mail. Incomplete information may result in disqualification of entry. No entries may be effected on behalf of someone else. All Mail Entries are the non-returnable property of Sponsor. All eligible entries carry an equal chance of winning.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on March 31, 2013 and ends 11:59:59 pm ET on April 7, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Online Entries must be submitted by 11:59:59 pm ET on April 7, 2013. All Mail Entries must be postmarked by April 7, 2013 and received by April 14, 2013.
4. WINNER DETERMINATION: Two (2) Winners will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries on or about April 15, 2013. Sponsor reserves the right to delay the random drawing. The number of eligible entries received will determine the odds of winning. Winning entries are subject to validation.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Sponsor or a representative of Sponsor shall contact Potential Winner on or about April 15, 2013. Potential Winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, and (where legal) an affidavit of publicity prior to receiving the prize. Potential Winners will have forty-eight hours from the time he/she is contacted to respond as directed and accept the prize. Noncompliance with the time period described above will result in disqualification and an alternate winner selected. Potential Winners may be required to present proof of identification prior to claiming prize. Acceptance of any prize shall require acceptance of the terms of these Official Rules and shall grant Sponsor the right to use Winners’ first name, last name and city and state of residence for any publicity associated with this Sweepstakes.
6. PRIZES: Two (2) Winners will each receive Affinity Diamond 1/2 ct tw Halo Design Studs, 14K Gold (J269506), Approximate Retail Value: $1,050.00 and an Affinity Diamond 1/4 cttw Framed Emerald Shaped Ring, 14K Gold (J270036), Approximate Retail Value: $425.00. Approximate Retail Value of All Prizes Combined: $2,950.00.
If a Winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize he/she will be disqualified and the prize forfeited; and, in such event, an alternate Winner shall be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received. Prize cannot be substituted or transferred by Winner. If a Prize must be forfeited, Winner will not be given the cash value of the prize. Prize Winner is solely responsible for all expenses not expressly included. All taxes are the responsibility of the Winner. Winner and/or parent or legal guardian may be required to sign an IRS Form 1099, Form W-9, or the equivalent for all prizes valued at $600 or greater, or for any prize as to which Sponsor, in their sole discretion, believes it is warranted. Prize provided by QVC, Inc.
7. USE OF SUBMISSIONS; LICENSE: By entering the Sweepstakes or making any Submission to or for the benefit of the Sponsor, entrants hereby irrevocably grant to Sponsor a non-exclusive, sub-licensable, royalty-free, fully paid license and right to use, distribute, make derivative works from and otherwise exploit the Submission, in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world in perpetuity, including, without limitation the right to use the Submission in whole or in part in merchandising, advertising, marketing or promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose related to the Sweepstakes or not related to the Sweepstakes. Entrants hereby forever waive and relinquish all so-called “moral rights (droit moral)” now or hereafter recognized. Entrants agree that Sponsor shall have sole discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of Submissions and is not obligated to use any Submission.
8. CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating, participants agree to be bound by and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies , and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, loss or damage to person(s) or property arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part from participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, and/or acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize.
By accepting the prize, Winner authorizes the Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence in any media now known or hereafter discovered, world wide, including on the World Wide Web and Internet, in perpetuity, at any time or times, in programming, advertising, trade and/or promotional material relating to this Sweepstakes or on a Winner's List (if applicable) without additional compensation or notice, review or approval (unless prohibited by law). Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without obligation or compensation.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, RELEASED PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
9. DISPUTES: Arbitration/Choice Of Law: To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the prize, or the determination of the Winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes (if any) but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of Philadelphia, County of Philadelphia.
11. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of prize winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to April is Diamond Month Sweepstakes QVC Studio Park Mail Code 202, West Chester, PA 19380.
Sharing my Mom’s Raisin sauce recipe. I think I love ham during the holidays just because of this sauce! Serve it with your favorite ham–of course mine is the ham we offer during the spring and holidays from Kansas City Steak Company. If you try it, I hope you enjoy it as much as me!
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1-1/2 cup water
1/2 cup raisins
Mix together brown sugar, dry mustard, and cornstarch. Slowly add the vinegar. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, water, and raisins. Stir over low heat in saucepan until thick. Serve with ham.
How are you fairing with our supposed Spring?? For us here in the West Chester area, spring has had its ups and downs!! One day it is 50 degrees and sunny, the next day it is snowing and cold. The weather is so confusing; I don’t ever know how to dress in the morning!
But we all know spring will be here soon, so we just have to be patient. Well I have never been good at being patient! My Mother would yell at me all the time to be patient—“Angela, you need to be patient; patience is a virtue!!” Now please remember that my nickname since I was a chubby cheeked baby has always been Angel, so I only got “Angela” when she was really mad at me. Hehe
Well while we are waiting for Spring to truly arrive, we do have our Quacker Factory Garden Party show to look forward too!! On Monday, April 1st from 1 – 3 PM ET, Patrick Hoy, Carolyn Gracie, our fabulous models, and I will join a LIVE STUDIO AUDIENCE for two hours of FUN and FASHION! Our Garden Party was so wonderful last year we were able to design some new items for you that will go along perfectly with our theme!! And some very fashionable walk shorts that you have been anxiously waiting for!!! You will be seeing some returning customer favorite items as well as some great new pieces to add to your wardrobe! I would like to take this opportunity to thank in advance Mary Eckenrode from Cheryl’s for providing our audience with some yummy flower cookies, and we’d also like to thank Phillip Watson from Cottage Farms for helping us to decorate our set for the show!! I CAN NOT WAIT for this show!!!
A few side notes – our fabulous artists, John and Diane, who have worked with Quacker Factory for years and years, look into the world around them for inspiration when creating our beautiful Quacker designs. John has a gorgeous garden where he sits and is inspired. Here are a few photos of his garden:
So lovely, John—thanks for sharing with us!!! Last year during our show, we shared our photos from the gardens of Jeanne Bice, Patrick Hoy and myself. This year our show is SO packed with goodies, we will not be able to share these photos during the show, so I thought I would share them again with you here:
This is an “after” photo from my garden. We worked our butts off to get this up to snuff for the Garden Party show, but I was very proud of this once it was done. And I can’t wait for everything to grow in this year! I’ll have to get you all an updated photo once it all grows in!
Here are some lovely photos from Patrick’s AMAZING English garden—can I just say WOW!
And here is a photo from Jeanne’s garden in Florida:
More photos from Jeanne’s house can be found on QuackerFactory.com.
Join us on Monday for our Garden Party show and chat with Patrick live right here on our Quacker Factory blog. Patrick has something very special to share with you! We will be featuring three new floral designs that we want you to vote on! The design with the most votes will be purchased by QVC and will be featured in next year’s Garden Party show!! You get the chance to tell us what design YOU want!! We will also have a new feature – “Behind the Seams” – here on our Quacker Factory blog showing you how your favorite floral design is progressing, from conception, to creation, to on air presentation! HOW EXCITING!!!! You can sign up on QuackerFactory.com to receive an email alert when a new “Behind the Seams” installment is posted.
Well, I hope that you all will be inspired to create your own lovely bouquets in and around your home. If you have a “brown” thumb, where you kill all living plants, then you can always grab a bouquet that Quacker Factory had embroidered onto a lovely tee shirt for you like our Hydrangea Snowball Scoop Neck T-shirt (A223883) or Embroidered Floral Heart 3/4 Sleeve T-shirt (A221767). And stay tuned on April 1st from 1 – 3 PM ET for some NEW great fashions from the Quacker Factory!
Until next time - Quack, Quack for now!
Shop the Quacker Factory collection.
We all spend time in the kitchen. Sometimes we're cooking for friends and family, and sometimes we are cooking for one. I think we all have wishes for the food we are preparing. We want things to be easier, faster or tastier. Perhaps all three. In other words, we want our everyday moments in the kitchen to be better, and more meaningful. That's why I'm so excited about my new show, The Wishful Dish with Sharon! I've been working on this idea for a long time with our food buyers. I wanted to create a place where we could come together and talk about food! A place to share tips and recipe ideas, using the amazing brands we have here at QVC. A place where anything frozen would be there by the weekend.
I believe in spending as much quality time with my family as possible, and I love the idea of getting the family back to the table together with delicious food that is easy to prepare. While I love the fancier food of a Gourmet Holiday Show, I wanted to bring the kind of food that we truly need everyday. When you think about it, we cook everyday meals much more often than holiday meals, so my wish was to be with you almost every week to help solve everyday needs. My debut show is on Monday, April 1st at 5pm EST. The show is positively loaded with some of my favorites and a couple of new items that have been in the works for a long time. I hope to bring new foods as often as I can, and hopefully inspire you to be creative in the kitchen, and have fun! We are all friends at The Wishful Dish, so I hope you will stop by on Mondays, at 5pm EST!
Like most people I love a good photograph, but I’ve never been the one carrying around the camera. I’m the friend who says shoot me copies will ya? Basically I’ve made do with what I’ve been able to get with my camera phone. But I’m not crazy, I knew I was missing a lot. So I grabbed the Canon T4i and started snapping.
I have two cats, Bailey and Olivia, and much to their chagrin they are always my subjects. I pulled out the Canon and fired away….
Oh my gosh… it was so crazy fun! First of all, I felt like a “real photographer” for the first time in my life. Second, the camera feels great in your hands and it’s super easy to operate. Full disclosure, I didn’t read all of the directions, I just put the camera on different settings and felt my way around. This is what I love:
1) There are many choices or none at all. You can be the expert and focus the camera in different ways yourself, or you can set the camera and it will do all the work;
2) My cats were scrambling to get away from me initially, so I just put the camera into “sports” mode and shot away. (You’ll use this when you see action you want to get, but goodness knows you won’t be running alongside to get it:J).
3) You can go crazy and shoot as many pictures as you want, and feel confident that there’s a good one in the bunch. When you’re finished just go through the shots and “trash” the ones you don’t like and keep the rest.
4) There are some fun photo “filters” that can add to your creativity. And you can choose to add the filter AFTER you take the photo, so it’s not something you have to plan for. The filters just to add to the fun.
Here are three of the seven filters:
Bailey was initially having none of the picture taking stuff, so he “hid” under this chair…
I added this cool “fish-eye” effect. I think he looks like “angry kitty” and that he’s making a mean face at me.
Bailey imagines himself “king of the castle” so often he’s up high somewhere.
I added the “toy camera” effect, because in his mind he’s the center of the universe.
Bailey’s often lounging on my messy work table….
Since he was surrounded by color I added the “art bold” effect.
I like this one of Bailey jumping.
And I often find Olivia here, peeking around the corner while standing on top of my bathroom vanity.
Here’s the deal -- There’s something beautiful happening every minute, everywhere. What I learned from this camera is that often those “telling” moments are too quick for the naked eye, but this Canon catches all (that’s why you get those professional pictures that show your loved ones with expressions you’ve never seen before!). So grab this Canon and see what you “see” for the first time. Happy snapping!